How much does it cost?
Fees are set by Alberta Health (Government of Alberta) and you are required to pay this set fee on a monthly basis. The monthly fee includes all non-medical services (such as meals, housekeeping and spiritual care) and building costs (maintenance, utilities, etc.). These fees do not cover the cost of care, which is funded by Alberta Health. Please visit the Alberta Health website (http://www.health.alberta.ca/services/continuing-care-accommodation-charges.html) for details on current facility living fees. [E1]
Residents or their designated financial responsible party will be billed monthly by Covenant Care using pre-authorized debit. Residents or their designates are responsible for any additional costs and charges incurred as outlined in the Financial Responsibility Agreement that is signed on day of admission.
Are there any other costs and charges?
Depending on your loved one’s needs, there may be additional costs such as:
- Medications not covered under the Blue Cross formulary (i.e., herbal supplements)
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, foot care and dental work
- Compression stockings
- Personal care supplies
- Transportation to and from appointments that is not medically ordered
- Special recreational outings
- Telephone, cable television and Internet
- Labeling of clothes