What are the suites like?
All rooms at Covenant Care are private suites and include:
- Telephone number (some sites provide phone numbers, others allow residents to setup their own)
- Window coverings
- Private bathrooms with barrier-free showers
- Closets and cupboards for personal belongings
- Emergency Call System
Do I need to bring furniture or other items?
Residents will need to bring their own furniture which may include items such as:
- Bed (unless assessed by an Occupational Therapist as requiring a hospital bed)
- Bedside table
- Bedside lamp
- Easy chair(s)
- Table or floor lamp
- Bed linens (at least two sets)
- Towels and wash cloths
- Clothes hangers
- Laundry basket
- All needed assistive aids such as wheelchairs, walkers and transfer pole
We also encourage our residents to bring other personal or decorative items to personalize their suites and make them feel at home.
How do I know if my furniture is appropriate?
It is very important to us that Covenant Care is safe for our residents and care teams. We ask that our residents and their families work with the staff to ensure their suites are furnished in a way that is safe for the resident and allows staff to easily and safely care for the resident.
Please note that floor mats and throw rugs are not allowed as they pose a significant tripping hazard.
What kinds of meals will my loved one get?
Our food is prepared on site following the Canada Food Guide and is approved by a registered dietitian. We are happy to accommodate special diets and a dietitian is available to consult with the resident and his or her family if needed.
While breakfast, lunch and dinner are normally served at scheduled times, we can be flexible with your loved one’s meal schedule. We also offer daily snacks, tea, coffee and juice.